Tuesday, January 24, 2012

10 Things About Me

I've been posting blogs about the events in our life, but I haven't told too much about myself yet.  So I figured today I would tell you 10 things about myself so you could get to know the person behind the blog.  Eventually I will tell you about the other family members too, but for today it's all about me.  :)

  1. Cooking/Baking - I love to cook and bake!  I love to show my family how much I love them by making them their favorite meal, baking their birthday cakes, or just baking a treat for no reason at all.  I have a lot of cookbooks, belong to a lot of recipe websites and follow many cooking or baking blogs (see my blog roll).  I am always looking for new recipes and looking to improve my baking and cake decorating skills
  2. Crafting - I love crafts!  My favorite craft to work on is scrap booking.  I have been a scrapper for about 14 years.  I love playing with paper, pictures, and embellishments.  Other crafts that I do are cross stitch, crochet, stamping, and a little bit of beading.  I have tried many other crafts and like them too, but I have to limit myself since there are a bazillion crafts out there.  The bottom line is I love working with crafts and always have some sort of project going.
  3. Reading - I love to read!  The Bible, books, magazines....I love to read!
  4. Games - I love games!  I love to play all kinds of games - board games, card games, word games, and even some video games.  I have always loved playing games even when I am losing.  I think for me it is just about spending time with others and having fun.  
  5. Coffee - I never really cared for coffee until I got married.  Then somewhere over the years of marriage and after many gatherings where I was the only one not drinking coffee, I caved.  I started drinking coffee.  I am still in the minority of my hubby's family as I am one of the few that has to have flavored creamer, but they did win overall as I have a pretty severe coffee addiction.  I also love froufrou coffees like mochas and lattes that you get at those big name coffeehouse chain stores.  I even have my own little personal espresso maker so that I can make my own at home.  I love coffee, specialty coffees, flavored coffees, coffee candy....are you getting the picture?
  6. Fingernails - I never use to paint my fingernails because I thought it made my fingers look short and stubby like little sausages.  Then last year through my coupons I was able to get nail polish for free or next to nothing.  There is only so many times you can change your toenail color so on a whim I painted my fingernails.  It took a little while to get used to, but now every so often I paint my nails.  They don't look so bad after all.
  7. Bible - I start my day with reading my Bible.  If for some reason I end up getting up late or don't get to read my Bible first thing in the morning, my day is just off and doesn't go well until I get to read in the Word.  
  8. Sweets - I love candy, desserts, and sweets.  This is what lead to my baking.  I couldn't afford to always go out and get something sweet so I had to learn to bake it myself.  I have always loved candy and sweets.  They are tasty, come in pretty colors, have so much variety, and a little goes a long way.
  9. Pictures - I love pictures!  I love taking pictures (although I am an amateur), looking at pictures, working with pictures, and the stories pictures tell.  I always notice pictures wherever we go which is funny to me because we have had some blank walls in our house since we moved here (6 years ago).  Last year and this year I have been working on deciding what goes on those blank walls and getting some pictures up.  I don't know what the hold up was, but pictures have been going up as I find the perfect spot for them.  
  10. 40 - I have hesitated on this last one.  It is very personal, but if I am going to have a blog and put my life out there for you to read, I guess sometimes I have to get a little personal.  This year I decided to get my life in order and stop wasting time.  As part of this, I have set a very big goal of losing 40 pounds.  I am losing the weight for me so that I can be healthier and I can be a better example to my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!