Thursday, January 19, 2012

Out of the Mouth of Babes

My hubby and I are very blessed to be able to teach a Sunday School class at our church.  Our class is the 4 year old children and they are a lot of fun.  You never know what they are going to say, do, or come up with.  Last Sunday, our story was about Noah and the Ark.  It was all about how Noah obeyed God and followed all of His directions.  Noah obeyed God no matter what, even when people thought he was crazy to do so.  Since Noah obeyed God and did exactly as He said, God protected Noah and his family inside the ark.  God kept His promises to Noah because Noah was faithful and followed God.  So I kept making the point that Noah obeyed God and because of it God was with Noah in the ark.  After I finished the story, I started asking questions to my 4 year olds to make sure they understood the story and that they understood that God was with Noah.  Again let me stress here, that my class is full of children who are 4 and you never, ever know what they are going to say.  So I asked them what was so special about being inside the ark hoping that they would answer that God was protecting Noah and his family because they obeyed Him.  Instead of getting that answer, one of the sweet little boys in my class turned to me and said, "You were there?"  All I could do was laugh and say um, not exactly, I am not over 2,000 years old, but if I was I would look pretty good for being so old.  I gave them the answer I was looking for and we started our craft for the lesson. Oh, how I love my 4 year old Sunday School class and now I know I look good for being over 2,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!