Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Cupcakes That Should Be Illegal

A few weeks ago I was talking on the phone to my mom and she told me she had come across a blog that I had to check out.  So I looked up Life as a Lofthouse and was excited to find a food blog with many delicious recipes on it.  I automatically signed up to follow it (you all know I have already admitted being a recipe junkie and a foodie) and started looking around to see what the author, Holly, had to offer.  I found a recipe on her blog that I had heard about but thought it really only existed in my dreams...Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.   REALLY!!!  Who doesn't love cookie dough?  Aren't we all guilty of eating cookie dough?  I saw the picture and I knew that I would have to make those sometime soon....real, soon.  Little did I know that all my thoughts would drift back to that recipe and I would find myself thinking about it over and over until I had one.  So earlier this week my hubby left for a business trip and I was feeling pretty bad for him because he actually had to drive to his destination last weekend during the Super Bowl.  He missed watching most of the game.  I decided that when he got home, he should have a nice meal and a fantastic dessert waiting for him.  I went the the Life as a Lofthouse blog and found the post about the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes that had been haunting my brain.  I made up my cookie dough which I actually made 48 cookie dough balls out of so there are 24 cookie balls just ready and waiting in my freezer for the perfect moment to come out jump inside more cupcakes.  :)  I baked my cupcakes,  went to gym time at our church for the homeschoolers, helped out with the tutoring program our church does, thought about the waiting cupcakes the entire time I was gone, and then finally was able to come home and make the frosting for the cupcakes.  I couldn't wait to try the cupcakes.  I was so excited to try them, I almost broke down and served dessert before dinner, but I can't set a bad example for the kids so we just ate dinner really fast.  After dinner it was cupcake time!!!!  I bit into my cupcake and was in love.  The frosting was creamy and smooth and not too sweet.  The cupcake was good with just the perfect flavor and the promise of a cookie center.  I was savoring my cupcake so that I would eat just one, because after I tasted the first bite of it I knew I could easily put down a couple of these cupcakes (I have mentioned that I have a sweet tooth before and I love desserts, right?), I finally got to the cookie dough center...DE-LIC-IOUS!!!!  Perfect cookie dough surrounded by cake and with a sweet, creamy frosting...oh, was I so glad that Holly had put in her post the warning that she had had to get them out of her house because I knew ahead of time that the extras would be leaving so I was able to savor my cupcake.  It was AWESOME and I am absolutely positive that these cupcakes were so delicious that they should probably be illegal.  I thought that making them and trying them would get them out of my brain, but now I just find myself finding ways to talk about them and tell people about them.  So don't say I didn't warn you, don't say I didn't tell you they should be illegal, don't say I didn't tell you they are DE-LIC-IOUS, and don't blame me when you just have to try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes over at Holly's blog, Life as a Lofthouse.  Now, I can't wait to try all the other recipes she has over there.
My Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes just waiting to be ate.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my fabulous! I would love to have some of these!

    Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!