Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Flavored Water

I have a hard time getting in the water I need each day.  I know that I should be drinking more, but honestly, sometimes I just get bored with water.  I go through spurts where I get enough water in because I work hard to be conscious about the amount I drink.  Then there are other times I will drink more coffee, tea, or soda just to avoid drinking water.  All the coffee, tea, and soda is horrible for me and not doing my body any good.  So I have a cheap, tasty little trick I use to get in more water.  I flavor my water with fruit.  This week I had lemons, limes, and oranges on hand.  So I thinly sliced 1 lemon, 1 lime, and 1 orange and put them in a large pitcher.
Sliced lime, lemon, and orange looks so pretty in a pitcher.
I added some ice, water, and stirred.  The longer the water sits the more flavored it becomes.  Once my water is flavored, it is easy for me to drink a pitcher or two of water a day without even thinking about it.  I paid $0.57 for the lemon, lime, and orange and then I fill my pitcher with water twice using the same slices.  I think $0.57 for 2 gallons of flavored water is a really good price.  Do you have any tricks for getting in more water?

1 comment:

  1. This is a good idea! I drink mainly water myself, but maybe it will help my sons drink more water.

    Thank you for visiting my blog, Raising Knights!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!