Friday, March 16, 2012

A Dessert Recipe from a Slacker

I admit it.  I have been a slacker this week when it comes to blogging.  I guess the upside of that is that I have gotten some things done that I have been putting off for way too long - entering grading in the computer, filing our paperwork (the paperwork mountain was huge), finding my craft table again so I have a place to work, delivering dinner to a church member, soccer evaluations, filling out my March Madness brackets, and planning for upcoming events.  So while I haven't been so busy blogging, I have been busy in real life with stuff that I just can't make exciting enough to write about.  I also tried to finish up my kid's craft tutorial that I promised I was working on this past Monday and it was a flop.  It didn't turn out right, it didn't work, and what was supposed to appear to be a shamrock, just wasn't.  So while I won't have a kid's craft tutorial for St. Patrick's Day, I have another idea for an Easter kid's craft tutorial rolling around in my head and we will have to see if that one works.  Anyway, today I have a quick and easy dessert recipe for you.  Once a month at my church we have a Ladies Scrapbook Night.  I love these evenings as it is a chance to get together and chat with the ladies while working on scrapping, which is my very favorite hobby.  Every month everyone who attends brings a snack to share.  Last month I won some Wilton Whoopie Pie Pans from one of my favorite blogs, Baby Loving Mama.  When I found out that I won the pan, my wheels started turning.  I knew that I will use them to make whoopie pies, but I had some other ideas too.  So my first idea was to make mini fruit cookie pizzas and that is what I made and took to my scrapbook night at church.  They were a hit!  Here is what I did:

Mini Fruit Cookie Pizzas
Makes 24 cookies
1 Whoopie Pie Pan (or any other shallow baking pan like the muffin tops pans)
2 Rolls of Sugar Cookie Dough
1 - 8 oz container of Strawberry Cream Cheese - softened
1 - 8 oz container of Philadelphia White Chocolate Indulgence Spread - softened
Mixed Berries (or whatever fresh fruit you like)
1.  Cut cookie dough into 12 equal pieces and press into Whoopie Pie pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray.  
2.  Bake the cookies according to package directions.  Note: You may have to adjust the time that you cook the cookies because they are in a different pan than what the baking directions call for.  I believe that I had to add 1-2 minutes to my baking time.
3.  When the cookies are done baking, set them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
4.  While the cookies were cooling, mix together the cream cheese and the white chocolate spread.

5.  Once the cookie are cool, spread the chocolate cream cheese mixture onto the cookies.

6.  Top the frosted cookie with as many or as few berries as you like (or whatever fruit you would like to use.  I suggest using fresh fruit because frozen fruit would thaw and then juices would run all over your cookies and make them soggy.).
This recipe could totally be customized to whatever you like - Tropical Fruit with shredded coconut and pineapple cream cheese instead of the strawberry, Strawberry Banana pizzas, Chocolate with chocolate chip cookies and M & Ms, etc.  The list goes on and on depending on what you like.  Have fun creating your favorite combinations and let me know what you try!

6 comments:

  1. Cool recipe!

    Happy Friday! I think this is my first visit to your blog. Please stop by and say hello and follow (if you don't already) my blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    Hope you have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yum!! New follower from the blog hop, hope you're having a good week! =)
    www.TheLatestFind.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks became a follower of you too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!