Thursday, March 8, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes

Blogging for me is a lot of fun.  I have been trying to be very conscious of other blogs and leaving appropriate comments and letting them know they are doing great work.  As bloggers, that is the only way we know what we are saying is getting out there, comments.  That isn't my overall goal, my goal is just to put out the thoughts, recipes, projects, and home school stuff rolling around in my brain so that maybe I can get it out of my head and concentrate, but it is really nice to hear feedback through comments and know that someone other than your mom is reading your blog (sorry mom, nothing personal, I love you, thanks for reading my blog and be a loyal fan!).  Anyway, the other day as I was looking through blogs, I was reading one and it lead to another and I found myself staring at these delicious Peanut Butter & Jelly cupcakes over at Lady Behind the Curtain.  I knew that those had to go on my list of recipes to try and I had all the ingredients and the perfect occasion so I tried them.  The PB & J cupcakes were delicious and did not disappoint at all.  What I really fell in love with about these cupcakes was the peanut butter frosting.  You see I became addicted to chocolate when I was pregnant with Buddy Bear and then when I was pregnant with Baby Bear it was the combination of peanut butter and chocolate that I couldn't get enough of and I am still addicted to anything peanut butter and chocolate.  It is my weakness.  :)  So when I found the recipe for Peanut Butter Frosting at Lady Behind the Curtain, I knew it would be good, I just didn't know how good.  The PB & J cupcakes turned out excellent and I had left over Peanut Butter frosting because I always make extra frosting.  I really dislike running out of frosting in the middle of a batch of cupcakes and having to drop everything and make more.  As we were having the cupcakes after dinner (I had family over for dinner that night), my sister-in-law reminded me that I was going to her house the next day to help her frost cupcakes for my nephew's open house for graduating Cub Scouts.  I asked what kind of cupcakes she had baked and she started listing them, lucky for me chocolate made the list.  I got all excited and told her to stop by the store and buy some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups because I had an idea.  We used my extra peanut butter frosting to frost the chocolate cup cakes and then we put a piece of a Reese's Cup on top.  Those Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes flew off the cake stand the next day.  They were the first to disappear out of almost 100 cupcakes.  So the next week I volunteered to take some cupcakes to Buddy Bear's friend for his birthday party.  I made the Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes and dropped them off for the party along with Buddy Bear.  My hubby picked Buddy up from the party and said a couple of the dads that had ate the cupcakes declared them the best cupcake they ever had.  So while I can't take any credit for any of the recipes, I am to blame for combining the cupcakes with the frosting and Reese's Cups and I am glad they turned out so delicious.  I used boxed cake mix to make my cupcakes and I doubled the Peanut Butter Frosting recipe from Lady Behind the Curtain and then I cut apart some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and added them to the top.  I probably added a little extra peanut butter (I didn't measure it, I know gasp, but that was how I was feeling that day - throw caution to the wind and just add peanut butter) and then I added extra powdered sugar to make my frosting a little thicker, guess if I measured my peanut butter I wouldn't have had to add extra sugar...hee, hee, hee.  Hope you try them and let me know what you think.
The ingredients and Buddy Bear who just couldn't stay out of my picture.
Unfrosted chocolate cupcakes
A thickened peanut butter frosting
Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
Special thanks to Lady Behind the Curtain for a great blog and terrific recipes!

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!! For the nice right up! I'm so glad you enjoyed the cupcakes. The Reese's Peanut Butter Cup one's you have created look delicious. I too have an obsession with peanut butter. Have a GREAT week! Happy creating!
    ---Sheryl---

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I am totally addicted to your peanut butter frosting. I am sure I will be finding more ways to use it.

      Delete
  2. Visiting from the blog hop. Now I want cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!