Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Random Thoughts for Wednesday

There is so much going on and so little going on at the same time.  Ever felt that way?  That is how I am feeling right now.  I just feel like we have a bazillion things going on with everything moving in slow motion.  When life is like this it is hard to gather my thoughts to post on my blog, but I am trying.  So for today I am just posting some randomness that is going on around here, I guess it is truly a Glimpse of our Normal.

  • My mom and step-dad are sort of living with us right now.  They are in the process of trying to move where we are and my step-dad has a job in this area, but it doesn't pay so well.  If they had to pay for gas to drive back and forth each day (2 hour total commute), there would be no paycheck.  So it is nice to have them here.  They stay with us during the work week and then go home on the weekends and continue packing and trying to sell their house.  They are having a lot of fun playing with the kids, helping with school, and just blending into our normal everyday routine. 
  • My mom created a monster when she taught Baby Bear to play "Membory" (Memory to the rest of us) with Baby Bear's princess cards instead of just the Memory game.  Now Baby Bear requires no less than 10 games of  "Membory" each day.  I warned her that she was going down a dangerous path, but she wouldn't listen.  :)
  • I broke my van last week.  I broke some part of the sway bar.  Thank God my hubby is super handy and was able to fix it.
  • Buddy Bear has had a couple of soccer games now.  He is getting better.  I wish that the weather was better for the games.  The first game was wet, it had POURED that morning just before the game.  Last week's game was COLD.  The wind blew across the open field and it froze us.  This week's game promises to be another cold one and it could be FRIGID as the game is at 9 am and the high temperature for the day is supposed to be 50.
  • We have only 2 1/2 weeks of school left.  This year has flown by.  I am trying to get it all finished up, figure out my curriculum for next year, and get grading entered into the computer.
  • I have been off of my game lately.  I think it is because everything has been so different and it makes me feel overwhelmed.  I really just need to get back on track and back on my schedule.  It works when I stick to it.  So I am just going to take a few deep breaths and jump in where I am at.
  • I really want to do some crafting, but it is hard to take time to do that when I feel like there are other areas of my house that need attention.  Crafting is my stress relief, but I have to get everything back in its place first.
  • The next room we are going to make over is Buddy Bear's.  It is long over due, but I think I am struggling to come up with good ideas for what he wants because it means that he is growing up.  It will change from a little boy room to a big boy room.  I am not sure if my heart is ready for that yet, but I guess as a mom I have to let him grow up.  Any ideas for a forest room?
  • I have been having the same computer issues I had before.  I think my computer is slowly dying, but I am trying to convince it to hold on for awhile longer. 
  • I have some great ideas for blogs coming up.  I promise.  I just have to get caught up in life a little before I can post some of them.  I'll be back after I get some work done.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!