Monday, August 20, 2012

A New Room For Buddy Bear (Part 1)

This summer we finally got around to re-doing Buddy Bear's bedroom.  I think part of me put off this project because I personally wasn't quite ready to let go of the little boy room because letting go of his little boy room signifies that he is truly growing up.  I'm just not ready for that yet, but I guess no Mom is ever ready to let go even just a little bit.  :)  So I just did it anyway because it was time.  I had to suck it up and deal, be we  Moms are pretty good at that right?  Anyway, earlier this year we planned that we would have Buddy Bear's room done by his birthday.  That meant I really started to think about what furniture I wanted in there and what theme to have.  Buddy Bear is a HUGE nature and animal lover.  He has an amazing love for wolves, Alaska  (even though he has never been there), and the outdoors.  This is the theme I chose to work with.  When I started looking around, Nature was too big of a theme and I had a really hard time narrowing things down.  So I just let the idea sit there and roll around in my brain.  One night when shopping with a friend, I found the perfect sign for Buddy Bear's room.  It totally reminded me of a hunting lodge and that is when the idea hit me to turn his room into a lodge.  It was going to be a big change.  We painted his room when we moved into this house which was just before he turned 2.  So here are the before pictures of his room...

Looking into the (messy) room from the door.

Another view from the door showing the loft bed.

Ay yi yi, this place is a disaster

The loftbed with desk (we didn't work at the desk so much).

The bookcase by the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!