Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Weight-loss Wednesday

I wish I had more exciting news for this Weight-loss Wednesday post, but I really don't.  I lost 0.5 pounds which isn't as much as I wanted to, but at least I didn't gain.  The last week I ate well and have been focusing on decreasing my caffeine intake which is good, but leaving me pretty tired.  I realized by decreasing my caffeine intake (read breaking a severe coffee addiction because I gave up soda quite a few months ago) that I was really drinking a lot of coffee and relying on it to keep me going.  So making this change has been pretty big and I am going easy on myself this time in hopes that I don't wind up with major headaches when I (temporarily) give up coffee for awhile.  I have a couple more mornings of allowing myself just one cup of coffee and then on Saturday I will not have any coffee, so sad for me, a major coffee lover, but a much needed change since I was replacing water with coffee and I am hoping to flip that back around.  I am also starting to decrease my sugar intake as I am also planning on fasting from sugar for awhile.  I will still be eating natural sugars that are in fruits and vegetables, but not adding in any extra sugar in my diet.  So I am hoping next week's weigh in will have better results.  I know that this week's could have been better because I did see better numbers on my scale this week (yes I am one of those people that weighs every day even though it is not recommended), but I also know that I wasn't getting enough water and had too much carbs and salt this week.  Lesson learned and I am moving on.  The other big change I am in the process of implementing is regular exercise.  I will be doing a 30 day fitness challenge using a Wii workout game.  I am one of those people who is more likely to stick to exercise when it doesn't feel like I am exercising and Wii workout games do that for me.

Changes to implement:
Go caffeine free starting 12/1/12
Start 30 day fitness challenge 12/1/12
Increase water intake - ASAP
Reduce sugar intake - ASAP

Weight to lose: 49.5 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!