Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Weight-loss Wednesdays

The days are flying by and Christmas is next week already.  I swear it was just June last week or at least it feel like it should have been.  How can time fly by so fast?  Anyway, it is Wednesday which means it was time for another weigh in this morning.  I was pleasantly surprised to lose another 1.5 pounds this week.  I am pretty excited about that as I kept seeing no change on the scale for quite a few days before this morning's number.  This means that I have lost a total of 7.5 pounds so far this month.  I have been continuing to eat my fruits, veggies, beans, and whole grains.  Sugar has been trying to tempt me a lot lately as there have been several events I have attended where there have been cookies and candy out as a treat for guests and helpers.  I was good though and just passed them by and ignored them.  I don't need them anyway.  I have also been regularly doing workouts.  I "play" the game EA Active Personal Trainer for my Wii.  I have the settings on medium intensity and I really enjoy doing the workouts on it.  It combines workout moves with fun activities and the workouts are about 20-25 minutes each.  The game has me on a schedule of 2 days of working out and then a rest day, then it repeats.  I set it up to do a 30 day challenge and I am a little over half-way through that challenge.  I yell at my trainer (the game) for making me do squats followed by squat jumps followed by lunges, I think it is trying to kill me, but in reality I need to do the workout and challenge myself so while I am yelling at the game, it knows I'll be back the next day.  I am looking forward to adding back in a little variety for Christmas.  I will add back in limited coffee and sugar starting on Saturday, but I am going to do a better job of controlling myself this time.  If the scale changes too drastically this time when I add stuff back in, I will strip it away again, immediately.  I am committed to losing the weight this time and committed to doing what it takes.


Changes implemented:
Go caffeine free starting 12/1/12
Start 30 day fitness challenge 12/3/12
Increased water intake - 12/1/12
Reduced sugar intake - 12/1/12

Weight to lose: 42.5 lbs.


*All the opinions of video game in this post are my own.  I was in no way compensated nor am I associated with Wii or EA Active.  This is just a game I saw at the store and bought because it sounded like a good workout and like it would be fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!