Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Weight-loss Wednesdays

I intended to have a blog post ready for yesterday that wished you all a Very Merry Christmas, but the flu bug hit our house over the weekend and all plans went out the door.  So I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas!!!  Like I said we had a case of the flu bug here at our house starting on Sunday.  At first I thought we weren't feeling well because we had broken our sugar and caffeine fast, but then when my son couldn't stop throwing up I knew we had gotten the flu.  Buddy Bear struggled all of Monday and then I woke up yesterday with the flu.  It was not fun for either of us and I am still praying that neither my hubby or Baby Bear get the flu.

So in weight-loss news, we broke our sugar and caffeine fast starting last Saturday and were doing well with it.  I am doing a better job of not going overboard on my sugar or caffeine intake.  I didn't even have coffee until Sunday and then I limited it to one travel mug (about 12 oz.) on both Sunday and Monday.  My sugar intake was very limited and even though we were at Christmas parties on Saturday and Sunday, I made very deliberate choices which desserts I wanted.   I was trying to make very deliberate food choices all weekend long and will continue to make deliberate food choices.  I have not been able to workout since last week due to being sick.  So I am hoping that once I am completely better I will be able to pick up my workout where I left off.  Thanks to the flu and careful eating choices before the flu, I lost 5 pounds this week.  I wish that I would have lost it without having the flu, but it is what it is.  I have lost a total of 12.5 pounds so far.


Changes implemented:
Go caffeine free starting 12/1/12
Start 30 day fitness challenge 12/3/12
Increased water intake - 12/1/12
Reduced sugar intake - 12/1/12

Weight to lose: 37.5 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!