- Continue working on losing my 50 pounds - If you want to know how I am doing, see my Weight-loss Wednesday posts where I am blogging my weight loss journey. - I have been working on this one even though I have temporarily stopped my Weight-loss Wednesday posts. It is not that I don't want to share my journey with you because I do. I decided to temporarily stop the weekly updates because my focus was off and I was getting way too obsessed with the numbers on the scale and not on making the process permanent. I am committing to not step on the scale until the end of March in an effort to not be focused on the scale, but to instead focus on making good, healthy decisions and lasting changes.
- Finish my Thomas Kinkade Cross-Stitch - After working on this cross stitch off and on for 6 to 7 years, I am so very happy to report that I have finished it and it is ready to frame so that I can give it to my step dad.
- Follow the FLYLady System - I have fluttered and almost started FLYing completely in 2012, but I didn't get all the way on the system like I wanted to. I know that when I follow the FLYLady system, it works for me and in 2013 I plan to get completely back on track with the system. - I am still working on this one. It is a week by week process for me and some weeks I do better than others.
- Get Organized - This one goes with getting on the FLYLady system, but I am tired of thinking I know where something is only to search and search and finally find it somewhere completely unrelated. I am also tired of realizing I have something to do or somewhere to be the day I have to be there and not having things ready for it. I just have to get organized so I can function better. - We have been steadily de-cluttering since January and it feels really good. There are a few more major areas that I need to de-clutter and then I will just have to work on maintaining areas which will help me stay organized. I have also been working really hard on writing things down right away and if there is something I need to take care of, I try my best to get it done right away rather than procrastinate. I am not completely organized yet, but each day seems to be better than the day before.
- Craft More - I have a bazillion and one projects I want to do, but haven't gotten around to. I am hoping by getting more organized and my schedule under control, I will have more time to craft. - I have been taking a little time each morning after reading my Bible, but before the kids get up to work on crafts. So far this year I have finished a cross stitch project, a scarf, a hat, and I started a new cross stitch and a new scarf project. I am working on completing projects as I go instead of just having fun starting new projects and not completing them.
- Scrapbook More - I am realistic and I know that I will always be way behind in my scrapbooking, but I hope to have more time to scrapbook so I can at least feel like I am making progress. - I have been making an effort to attend some monthly scrapbooking crops and I have gotten about 30 layouts done so far this year. That is a good number for me and I am continuing to work. I have a goal of completing 213 layouts this year and I really do hope to complete them all.
- Study my Bible and Pray More - I can always use more Bible and prayer time. - I do my best to get up and start every day with reading my Bible. I tend to do better at this during than week than I do on the weekend, but I am really working on that. I really want to be consistent with studying my Bible and my prayer life. I find myself praying more and more throughout the day as thoughts and people pop into my mind so that is good and something I want to develop more and more.
- Blog Regularly - I apologize to all my readers for this year. I started off well and then somewhere along the way I got off track and got in a funk. Then at the end of the year I started thinking about why I started blogging in the first place and my desire to blog came back. I blog to get my thoughts written down somewhere. I blog to let others know what works for me and what doesn't. I blog as my journal. Along the way I hope someone is reading and getting something from my blog, but if not that is okay too I'll keep writing. - I am still working on this one. Some days I feel like I have a lot to say and then other days, I can't even think of one word to write about so I haven't quite lived up to writing more, but I will get there.
Friday, March 8, 2013
Checking in on my Resolutions
It really seems like New Year's was just last week, but it is March already and I am not quite sure where the time has gone. I thought today was a good day to check and see where I am at on the New Year's Resolutions I made. I don't want to forget that I made them nor do I want to give up on them. I plan to keep revisiting them and keep track of my progress and hopefully at the end of the year, I will be able to check them all off my list.