Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Giving It Up

I have to tell you that God never ceases to amaze me.  His love and care for me is astounding, overwhelming, and pure.  God takes situations that are too big for us to handle and He handles them when we give them over to Him.  All we have to do is ask.  He will hear and He will provide answers.  You have to be ready for the answer because sometimes it is not the answer we were hoping for, but keep in mind that God can see the entire picture and He knows the best answer for us.

I was reminded of this just yesterday.  Recently we have been dealing with a situation with some property we own.  It seems like we have to deal with the property every few years and quite honestly this property has overwhelmed me and left a very bitter taste in my mouth.  It is something I have struggled with and been very negative about.  When we found out information about this property, I immediately started thinking about all the things that have come up with this property, all the things I have had to put on hold due to this property, and all the ways that it has been a thorn in my side.  All the bitterness and disappointment came rushing to the surface again and I fell apart.  My dear husband was so kind and calm about the situation and he just kept encouraging me to give everything (all my feelings, thoughts, and negativity) to God and ask God to help in this situation.  I knew he was right and that I had to find a way to give it to God because me hanging on to it, was not doing anyone any good.  That same day I prayed to God and asked for help to just let Him have the issue and to not feel the way I felt about it anymore.  The next morning, I really poured my heart out to God about this situation and I truly gave the whole mess over to Him because I knew that at this point it was bigger than me and there was just nothing I could do.  I have struggled in the past to give my burdens completely to God because I pray and then I continue to worry, which is not the way it should be.  When we do that (pray, ask for help, and then continue to worry and fret) we are telling God that He isn't big enough to handle our problem and that is a habit that I am trying to break.  So this time I really focused on truly giving the issue to God and letting it be.  Then about a week ago my husband asked me if I had taken the next step about this property and I told him no, but I was going to get to it.  My hubby kept asking and I kept putting him off, all the while knowing God was nudging me to be obedient to my husband and do what he had asked.  Finally on Sunday, I took the next step in the situation and did what my husband had requested to do with the property.  I received a couple of responses that night but I prayed that God would just continue taking care of it.  I woke up then next morning to an overwhelming amount of responses and all I could do was let the tears run  while I thanked God for providing answers.  I know, without a doubt, that God has really been trying to show me for a long time now that if I completely give Him my worries, burdens, fears, and doubts that He will show me that He can handle them.  I know He used this situation specifically to show me that He is in control and if I give up it up to Him, He can bring healing for the bitterness, answers for the situation, and He can open the doors that I just can't.  I know God is just showing me that He is here, He cares, and He is in control that I just need to lean into Him and give it all up.  It is a hard thing to do, but something I am really working on.  I want to be obedient to God and to do that means to Fully Rely On God (FROG).  Is there a situation that you can give to God today?    Nothing is impossible with God - Luke 1:37

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!