Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Cakes

One of the things I love to do in my spare time is bake.  I love to bake cookies, muffins, bread, cupcakes, and cakes.  If it is dessert, there is a good chance I like to make it or at least have a recipe for it to make at some point in the future.  Baking isn't my only talent, I also love to do cake decorating.  I haven't spent as much time on it as I have wanted to and I have never taken any classes.  Everything I have ever learned about decorating has come from someone teaching me or through the web and trial and error.  I am not a professional by any means, but I do love a decorated cake and if I get to be the one to decorate it, that makes it even better.  The funny thing about cake decorating is that I only usually do it for family members.  I have only made a few cakes that weren't for family members, but the people I made them for are like family so I still claim I only make cakes for family. Someday I will get the courage to start making cakes for others, but until then you can enjoy the pictures of some of the cakes I have made this year.

This was for a friend whose nickname is Ice. 


This one was for my nephew who is a Kentucky fan. 


This was for a friend who is a Lions fan. 

This was part of Baby Bear's Monkey Jungle cake.  The monkey's were banana-filled chocolates. 

This was Buddy Bear's Dirt Bike cake this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!