Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tuesday Tip

I know it is very late Tuesday night, but I still have a tip I want to share with you today.  Today my tip is about plastic film wrap.  Years ago I was at my aunt's house and she was covering some food.  She pulled out this huge box of film wrap to cover the food and it had a date on it.  She explained she paid once for the huge box and it lasted her for years.  So I started using that method.  I go to my local food service distributor and buy their huge box of film wrap.  It looks like this...

I bought this particular box on February 3, 2011.  I paid less than $20 for this giant box of film wrap and I just finished up this box on....


...December 17, 2015!!!!  That is over 4 years worth of film and I can tell you that we don't use this sparingly.  We use it VERY regularly.  I use it to cover baked goods going in the freezer, covering them multiple times to prevent freezer burn.  I use it to cover food for the fridge.  We use it to cover counters when rolling out cookies.  The list goes on and on as to how we use it.  So when I FINALLY finished this box, I went off to my food service distributor store the very next day and bought a new box for $15.99.  I wrote the date on the top of the box and we will see how long it lasts.  I also buy my foil there.  The last box I bought was February 3, 2011 and I am STILL using it.  So buy paying out once for these items I don't need to add it to my grocery list for YEARS and it is great quality film wrap.  I have never had issues with it.  I don't know how many boxes of film wrap I would have went through from the regular grocery store during this time if I was not using my giganta box (yes I am sure giganta box is the right term...ha!), but I do know at a minimum of $2.00 per box it would not have taken me long to spend well over $15.99 buying it and it certain doesn't last that long.  This is one item I save BIG bucks on over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!