- Heart Bombs - They go to sleep on February 13th and their bedroom door is empty, plain, boring...you get the idea. They wake up on February 14th and their door is covered in hearts. If you want you can put messages just for them on the hearts.
- Movie Date - Pop the popcorn, grab your favorite candy and snuggle up for your favorite movie with your family.
- Game Date - Pick your favorite family board game, pop the popcorn, and battle it out to see who the winner is.
One of our favorite family games
- Make Cookies - We love to make cookies together as a family. These Sour Cream Cut-Out Cookies that I posted about a few years ago are our absolute favorite and as a bonus they are super easy to make.
Sour Cream Cut-Out Cookies....sooo tasty
- Visit a Friend or Relative -Sometimes a visit from a loved one is the best gift you can give.
- Nerf War - Yep, break out the Nerf guns, the darts, and the safety glasses. This idea will have you running around, hiding, and laughing in no time. May the best family member win!
- Impromptu Dance Party - Crank up the tunes and get your groove on!
- Make Them Dessert - I love to spoil my family by baking them something. They love these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes and Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes that I have blogged about before. These cupcakes are a splurge as far as calories go, but it is a special occasion so go ahead and enjoy a treat.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Create Some Artwork - Every once in awhile we like to sit around the table and draw or paint with water colors. Everyone creates a "masterpiece" and then we hang them on the wall to enjoy for awhile.
- Cook For Them - I love to cook for my family so I try and cook them a special meal for Valentines. I always try to make it something that we don't have often, but they love so they know I picked it especially for them.
- Make Them Coupons - Coupons? What? Yes make them some coupons for things that are special to them. I would make my hubby a coupon for garage time - I take the kids and he works on whatever current project he has going in the garage without interruptions. I would make my son a coupon for Minecraft time - he gets 30 extra minutes of Minecraft time to use when he chooses without having to do chores to earn the time. I would make my daughter a coupon for manicures and pedicures while watching a pint-sized chick flick.
- Do Their Chores for the Day or Week - I love this when my hubby does the laundry for me for a week or takes care of the dishes for a week.
- Write Them a Love Note - Be mushy like you were when you were dating with your spouse and tell your kids how proud you are of them in their own personal note.
- Get Them a Little Treat - Get them a little treat, you know one that is special for them. Maybe it is a cup of coffee from a coffee shop, maybe it is their favorite candy bar, or a bottle of nail polish. Just get them something little that says "I was thinking of you." No time to run to the store? Make them a card with an IOU.
Let your loved ones know you love them and be mushy on Valentine's, go ahead, you are allowed to be!