Friday, February 26, 2016

15 Things...

I realized this week that I have shared a lot of things about homeschooling lately, a lot of things about menu planning, a lot of things about cutting the craziness of life, but I have not shared a lot of things about me lately.  I am definitely not the most interesting person in the world, but maybe someone out there wants to know something about me.  Hello?  Anyone?  Well if you are still reading here it goes...

  1. Cooking - I love to cook and even though I come up with a lot of recipes I can't share them with you yet.  Why?  Well I don't like to measure so I could give you a list of ingredients, but not the quantities.  I am working on this so I can share recipes with you.
  2. Baking - The only thing I love more than cooking in the kitchen is baking.  I can bake just about anything.
  3. Decorating - Piggy backing on #2 - I have baked and decorated every one of my children's birthday cakes except for one.  It was a beautiful cake from a very talented friend, but I still regret that cake I didn't bake.  p.s. - bonus thing - I can decorate cakes.
    One of the cakes I have made...
  4. Cross Stitching - I cross stitch.  My mom taught me when I was little and it is a craft I still love today.
  5. Scrapping - I scrapbook.  I started back before I got married so I could make us a wedding album and I am still hooked on scrap booking.
  6. Crocheting - I taught myself to crochet one year as my New Year's Resolution.
  7. DIY - I watch way too many DIY shows on Netflix and I love to work on DIY projects.  I have created a few things for my home and have plans to create many more.
    DIY window to chalkboard
  8. Camping - I am SO not an outdoors kind of girl, but every year, several times a year we go camping as a family and I really do have fun.  I think the only thing I really don't like is the packing and unpacking.
  9. Music - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE music.  I have quite the variety that I listen to, but I can't sing.  Not one note.  It is just not a gift that God gave me.  While I can't sing, I do know a lot of song lyrics.  I love finding out the words to the songs.
  10. Reading - I love curling up with a good book.
  11. Coffee - I have a coffee addiction which is funny to me because I use to hate it.  I guess over the years I learned if you can't beat them, join them.  Now there are very few times I turn down coffee.  The struggle is real.
  12. Clumsy - I am a super, SUPER clumsy person.  I have been my whole life.  Some people grow out of being clumsy, but not me.  I trip over air and hurt myself trying to catch things I drop.  I have had some of the oddest injuries, but I guess they make for interesting stories.
  13. Giddy - I get very giddy when I get tired.  I tell the best jokes and laugh the hardest late at night.  I find things very funny as the night gets later and later.  For the record - they are still usually funny the next day too.
  14. Disney - I LOVE Disney - everything about it.  I have been fortunate enough to go to both Disneyland and Disney World and I have been on a Disney Cruise....it was AWESOME!!!
    I want to go on a Disney Cruise again.
  15. Lucky - My hubby always says I am very lucky.  I have won trips off the radio, trips from direct sales companies, items from blogs, concert tickets, a Kindle fire, and more.  I still get shocked every time I win something, because I don't think I am lucky at all.  My hubby says we could scratch the same lottery ticket and he would lose and I would win (I say we would have to play the lottery to win it).
So if you made it through this list, what else do you want to know about me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!