Monday, February 1, 2016

February Menu Plan

Welcome to February!  Let's celebrate making it through January.  I don't know about you guys but our January was pretty rocky.   Nothing major happened, it was just a little stressful.  My hubby had a bunch of rush work come in at his job so he worked longer hours, school didn't go as I planned every day (but we did make it through), we caught a cold - actually my daughter caught the cold and then proceeded to share with the rest of us, and lastly January just seemed to fly by.  January was just rocky, crazy enough for us that my hubby is calling today his New Years Day and starting the year over.  No really, he is.  He texted me Happy New Years just a little while ago.  He says he just needed to hit the reset button and start again.  Rest assured that even though he is calling today New Years Day, we know that all the crazy and rocky parts of January were part of God's plan.  Alas it is February and I have a new menu plan to share with you.  You will see that some of the recipes are the same ones we had last month and maybe the month before that but we have found a few recipes that we are really hooked on right now such as Lemon Butter Chicken trust me you want to make this one.  I have made this one SEVERAL times and we all fight over the leftovers.  I usually make it with chicken breasts instead of thighs (I have weird issues with bone-in chicken), but it is DELICIOUS.  I am telling you if you don't make any other dishes from this menu plan, make the Lemon Butter Chicken, you won't be disappointed.  You can find many of these recipes on my February Menu Plan Board on Pinterest.  If the recipe is not on that board, it is one I don't have on Pinterest.


  1. One Pan Mexican Quinoa
  2. Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin
  3. Burrito Bowls
  4. Slow Cooker Black Bean and Rice Soup
  5. Fooled ya Pizza
  6. Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
  7. Chili
  8. K-Mart Subs
  9. Nancy Soup - This is a recipe created by my friend Nancy and my kids call it Nancy soup  :)
  10. Fireman Bob's Crock pot Spicy Sloppy Joes
  11. Meatball Parmesan
  12. Pizza - Stromboli
  13. Taco Salad
  14. Love Feast at Church (this is a carry in at our church)
  15. Lemon Butter Chicken
  16. Stuffed Burgers
  17. Beef and Sweet Potato Chowder
  18. Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
  19. Pizza
  20. Walking Taco Casserole
  21. Vegetable Beef Stew
  22. Bacon Cheeseburger Cauliflower Casserole
  23. Spaghetti
  24. Slower Cooker Chicken and Quinoa Chili
  25. Fajitas
  26. Pizza Casserole
  27. Enchirritos
  28. Smoked Sausage Dogs
  29. Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Here is my February Menu Plan Board on Pinterest again.  Please let me know what recipes you try and what recipes you like.

P.S. - I have to share what menu planning has earned me.  We do a budget plan for our family.  One of the things we plan for is going out to eat.  We don't have a large budget for it, but we do like to treat our family.  In January I stuck to my menu plan and we didn't use the going out to eat money.  This was tough as we had to turn down lunches with friends and the nights I didn't want to cook, I had to suck it up and deal.  We saved the money we normally used for going out to eat for January and that is huge for us.  So half of that budgeted amount will go back to savings and half of it I get for mad money to spend however I want.  Woo hoo!!!  Menu planning is definitely worth it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!