Tuesday, March 22, 2016

FishFlix.com: The Gospel of John Review

If you are anything like our family, you do your best to make sure that your family is watching safe, quality, family friendly movies and television.  This is exactly what you can find at FishFlix.com.  We were given a DVD of The Gospel of John from FishFlix.com to review as a family.  Knowing that it came from a Christian Movie Store website, I knew that it would be safe for the whole family to watch.

FishFlix.com Review

The Gospel of John is a biblically accurate movie version of the book of John from the Bible because it is based on the American Bible Society's Good News Bible.  This movie tells the life story of Jesus Christ from before he walked on the earth until after his resurrection just like the Bible does.  Our whole family really enjoyed watching this movie.  We loved watching John's Gospel come to life right before our eyes.  We watched vivid scenes like the wedding feast where Jesus turned the water into wine, Jesus in the temple courts finding the people selling animals, Lazarus rising from the dead, Jesus feeding the people on the mountainside with just 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish, the Last Supper, Jesus' trial, Jesus' resurrection, and so many more come to life with this movie.  I am a visual learner so for me watching the movie gave me pictures to go with the Bible verses I really love.  We also really loved the fact this movie is biblically accurate and based right on the Bible verses.  This came in handy when my son was questioning the part of the movie where Jesus wept (sorry for the spoiler alert if you have not read the Bible yet).  My son knows the Bible said Jesus wept, but he thought that Jesus wept over the people's unbelief yet The Gospel of John showed Jesus weeping over Lazarus' death.  So we paused the movie, opened the Bible to the book of John and read about Lazarus' death.  Jesus did weep over Lazarus.  It was right there in the Bible and I was ecstatic knowing that this movie did not deviate from the Bible or interpret it in some strange way to fit the movie.  The only other part of the movie that we were concerned with how it would be shown was Jesus' trial, the beatings he received before his crucifixion and the crucifixion scene itself.  This is a very violent part of the Bible, but a real part of it and other movies have portrayed this event in a very graphic, gruesome way as I am sure it truly was, but these movies have produced these scenes in a way that make them so that they are too violent for my children to watch in my opinion.  I was very happy that The Gospel of John had these scenes, but they were not as violent as other movies while they did accurately portray what happened.  We felt that it was safe for my second grade daughter to watch and she understood exactly what was going on and she wasn't scared by these scenes.  Overall we were blessed by The Gospel of John movie.  The only complaint my kids had was that it was 3 hours long (it didn't feel that long to me so I was surprised that it was that long).

FishFlix.com Review

FishFlix.com is a fantastic source for Christian DVDs and Blue-Ray movies and television shows.  They started out as a small company to promote just one Christian film and before you knew it the company has grown into what it is today, a leading source for family friendly Christian movies and television shows.  They carry not only new release Christian movies and television shows like War Room and When Calls the Heart, but they also a fantastic selection of older movies and television shows as well.  I love how easy it is to find what you are looking for at FishFlix.com because they have their selections broken down into easy to pick from categories and genres.  Their website is VERY user friendly and family friendly.  In my opinion their prices are unbeatable and they have fantastic sales.   You can find movies and television shows starting at just $5.00.  FishFlix.com is my new go-to site for family friendly Christian entertainment.  We feel very blessed to have been introduced to this site and blessed to have received The Gospel of John movie from them to review.

You can find FishFlix.com not only at their website, but also on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.  They are also having a special drawing for Review Crew Blog Readers if you join their mailing list.  This giveaway is completely sponsored and ran by FishFlix.com, I am only giving you the link to go to so you can find the giveaway.  Click here to go to the giveaway.

 https://www.fishflix.com/schoolhouse
Like always you can check out the movies that my friends on the Homeschool Review Crew received and reviewed by clicking on the banner below.  I highly recommend this as there were several movies up for review this time.

FishFlix.com Review



6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fantastic movie! Our family is going to have to check this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the graphic nature of the crucifixion. I appreciate when there are other options for young ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the movie was well done eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!