Friday, April 8, 2016

Beach in a Jar Craft

I love the sand, the sun, and the water.  I can't begin to tell you how much.  Some of my favorite memories are from vacations past sitting on the beach just watching the water and soaking in the sun and warmth.  I just love the thought of how small I am compared to how big the oceans are and how God loves all of His creation, especially little ol' me.  That is what I ponder when I am sitting on the beach.  God's creation is AMAZING.  I tell you all of this so that I can explain my love of the beach has inspired the decorations in my bedroom and many of the colors in my house.  My bedroom is not decorated in a beach theme yet as we have not redone our bedroom yet (if you ever really considered it done in the first place as we painted it 11 years ago and haven't done anything to it since), but I do know that I want to decorate it with a beach theme in mind.  Knowing I want to do a beach theme in my bedroom, I got an idea for a beach jar when I was on a recent trip to Ikea.  This is a SUPER easy craft.  I picked up all the items for this craft at Ikea, but you can easily find them at a local craft store.


BEACH IN A JAR
Supplies:
A jar that shuts
Decorating Sand (I used 2 colors)
Shells 

1.  Place the desired amount of decorating sand in the bottom of the jar.  For my jar, I alternated between colors to create a layered effect.

2.  Add in the desired amount of shells.


Beach Craft

3.  Close the jar.  See I told you it was SUPER simple.



I display this jar on my bookshelf in my bedroom.  I love seeing it every day and it just reminds me of the beach and God's AWESOME creation.  It is a reminder to me of the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets I have seen on the beach and the warmth of the sun on my face.  Can you tell how much I love the beach?  What is your favorite spot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!