Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday Faves: 5 of Our Favorite Dinners

I haven’t done a Friday Favorites post in quite awhile.  Ever since I started menu planning and actually trying the meals that I pin on Pinterest we have had some really delicious dinners.  I thought I would take a few minutes today and share 5 of our favorite dinners with you.  I even linked directly to the recipes for those of you who don’t have Pinterest.
  • Lemon Butter Chicken – I can’t remember when I found this recipe from Damn Delicious (sorry for the language, I did not name that blog), but it is truly a fantastic main dish.  Our family fights over the leftovers, thankfully the first time we had this meal I claimed all future leftovers any time we have this meal.  Yes it is really that good, REALLY!!!  We love the sauce for the chicken and the bright flavor it gives the meal.  My kids save the extra sauce and put it on baked potatoes for lunch the next day.  I fix this recipe with chicken breasts cut in half so they don’t take as long to cook and because I have a weird thing about bone-in chicken.  I serve this with a simple salad and a veggie.
  • Slow Cooker Chicken and Quinoa Chili – This recipe from Darcie’s Dishes is so tasty, relatively cheap, and family approved.  My son loves it so much he ate the leftovers for breakfast one time when I made it.  You can also make it on your stove top if you forget to throw everything in the crock pot (like me).  Every time I make this meal, my family asks when it will be on the menu again.  You could serve this with bread if you would like (I do not so that I stay on my eating plan).
  • Meatball Parmesan – Meatballs and gooey cheese, do I even need to say more?  There are never any of these leftover in our house.  I serve them with a simple salad and a veggie. 
  • Skillet Chicken with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce – We just tried this recipe this week and the family wanted it again every day this week.  They said schedule it twice next month.  It is very similar to the lemon butter chicken and we love it.  Again I used thin cut chicken breasts and it was DELICIOUS!!!  I served it with a salad and baked potatoes.
  • One Pan Mexican Quinoa – We have been doing a few more meatless meals lately just to stretch our grocery budget a little, never hurts right?  This recipe is from the same site as the lemon butter chicken.  I want to go to dinner at her house because every night must be great.  Anyway, my family loves this dish.  We are huge Mexican food fans and my family does not even miss meat in the meal.  I have added in some browned ground turkey on nights I have made it and we won’t be at home just to keep us full a little longer and it is good that way too.  It is a very versatile dish because you can add meat, more heat to it, or top it with your favorite toppings.  Sometimes we have salad with this, sometimes we don’t.  It is very filling just as it is.
Do you have any favorite meals that your family requests over and over?  Which of these meals will you put on your menu?  I would love to hear which ones of these you try or if you have a meal you think I should try let me know.  If you are looking for my April Menu Plan you can find it by clicking HERE and you can find me and all my menu plans so far on my Pinterest page.  Soon I will be planning my meals for May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!