- SchoolhouseTeachers.com – This website is a division of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine which is also connected to the Schoolhouse Review Crew. It is jam packed full of courses, resources, and tools for homeschooling. This was one of the very first products I reviewed for the Crew and I can tell you I was missing out by not knowing about this website before. The courses alone offered on this site make it worth the subscription fee, but there is so much more on there than the courses. We have used several of the courses and they are very well taught, easy to use, and if you have any questions you can contact the instructor. They also offer planning resources, access to back issues of TOS Magazine, a streaming video library and more. You can read my review of this site by clicking here.
- NotebookingPages.com – This review quickly became a favorite because this was a product that I had heard of but didn’t know that I needed until we started using it. Now that we have done some notebooking, I love using it for my kids and see the huge benefits of using notebooking. This product allows so much creativity while encouraging learning it will definitely play a huge role in our school. You can read my review of this site by clicking here.
- Writers in Residence – This language arts curriculum by Debra Bell from Apologia Educational Ministries was an absolute blessing to us. I am so, so, SO happy we had a chance to review this curriculum. It made a huge difference in my son’s attitude about working on Language Arts. It is very well written and we are looking forward to starting it up again this fall. You can read my review of this product by clicking here.
- Here to Help Learning - I used this writing program with my daughter and it stopped the tears over writing in our school. It helped her to stop dreading writing and to start asking if she could write more. This fact alone made this program one of my favorites that we have reviewed. It is also one of my favorites because it can be used for multiple grade levels. You can read my review of this product by clicking here.
- MySchoolYear.com – I really like this tracking and planning website. It has been very helpful in my school planning since you can put in assignments and grades. This site also helps you with transcripts and more. It is going to make keeping track of everything this coming school year much easier for me. You can read my review by clicking here.
Thursday, July 21, 2016
5 of Our Favorite Crew Review Curriculum
Choosing a curriculum can be completely overwhelming and leave you more confused than encouraged about what you will teach your students, but it doesn’t have to be. There are a lot of great sites and resources out there for homeschooling, but who in the world has time to sort through it all? I know I don’t and if you are a homeschooler, you probably don’t either. There is some place you can go and check out some really great curriculum reviews and that is the Schoolhouse Review Crew website. I know this might seem like a shameless plug for the Review Crew and I guess in a way it is, but it is a shameless plug in a good way. Before I found out about the Schoolhouse Review Crew, I spent countless hours researching homeschool curriculum, products, and websites. Those are hours that I can’t get back and much of the research I used to do still left me feeling confused and unsure of products, curriculum, and homeschool websites. I wasn’t sure if these resources would really work for my kids and many times the reviews on websites are so mixed that you can’t make heads or tails of them. Enter in the Schoolhouse Review Crew. I found it a few months before I applied to be part of the Crew. I spent time figuring out what it was all about and how it could help me. The Review Crew reviews several products each year and each review has multiple families with multiple learning styles and situations. You can read the reviews and see how each family used a product and how it worked for them. I love that the reviews are honest and the Crew will tell you when a product worked for them and why and when a product didn’t work for them and why. They have done the research on many products and it helps me narrow my search, find a product, or know that a certain product won’t work for me. In December of 2015 I joined the Schoolhouse Review Crew and I have told you before what a blessing it has been to us and I will tell you again…the Review Crew has been a major blessing in our homeschool. Through my work on the Crew our family has been blessed to review many great products. Today I thought I would share with you, in no particular order, five of our favorite curriculum we have been blessed to review.
P.S. - This post does include affiliate links. This means if you decide to make a purchase from one of my links, I will get a small commission for referring you.