Tuesday, December 27, 2016

December Check-in

At the end of November I posted about Rebooting.  I needed to get back on track with my eating and exercising.  This was something I was really struggling with and I knew I needed to just jump in and start.  December is always a tough month to do this, but I also knew if I had accountability it would make turning down the treats easier.  In my post from November I committed to restarting Trim Healthy Mama eating, exercising regularly, getting my steps in,  So how have I done?
A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Rebooting
  • Restarting Trim Healthy Mama - I am about 1/2 way there.  I started off December very strong and eating very well.  Then we've had a few things come up that I hope to be able to share with you soon, but they are pretty stressful so that lead to some stress eating.  I did much better than I have done in the past, but I knew I wasn't making great choices.  I was able to turn down many treats this month.  I had a goal of losing 5 pounds this month and I am just about there thanks to a nasty flu bug I got on Christmas Eve.  On the bright side, the flu bug helped finish resetting my taste buds and there are some foods I will not touch for a long time.
  • Exercising - Again I started off great with this and then we got C-R-A-Z-Y busy so my routine exercising went out the window.  I was still moving just due to being busy, but not officially exercising.
  • Getting My Steps In - Most days this month I did get my steps in, but some days I must admit I fell short.  Some times I missed my step goal by just a couple hundred steps and a couple of days I missed it big time.  The last few days I haven't even looked due to being sick, but I am definitely committing to doing better in January.
  • Water - I have definitely started drinking more water, but I could still get in even more.  I have drastically cut back on the soda and focused more on water.  I am getting there and water is not tasting as boring as it usually does so I guess that is good.
For January I am going to continue focusing on these 4 things because I know that I can do better on each of these goals.  I am happy to have lost 4.5 pounds as of today.  I am hoping to sneak in that last half pound before January 1, but even if I don't I am happy with my progress.  Slow and steady wins the race, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!