Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday Favorites - Cookies

Christmas is almost here and we have a yearly tradition of doing a baking day just before Christmas.  We pick a bunch of cookies, spend the day making them, and then we give them out to friends and neighbors.  It is a lot of fun for us and an easy way to bring a little Holiday Joy to our friends and neighbors.  So as I was writing out a list of things we have coming up next week, I thought I would sit down and share a few of our favorite cookie recipes with you. These are recipes I use at Christmas time and throughout the year, they are my go to, tried and true, cookie recipes.
Sour Cream Cut Out Cookies, A Glimpse of Normal Blog
1.  Sour Cream Cut-Out Cookies - The post about this one was from Valentine's Day a few years ago, but I use the same cut-out cookie recipe year round.  I love this recipe because it is quick and easy.  It is also my very favorite cut-out cookie recipe because you do not have to wait hours for the dough to chill.  You make it and use it right away.  LOVE it!!!

2.  Snickerdoodles - We have a minor major cinnamon addiction in our house, so we LOVE snickerdoodles.  The best recipe I have found comes from Lil' Luna, a blog I ran across one day.  She offers up some pretty tasty recipes.  These snickerdoodles are easy and both kids love helping with them.  I pretty much make the dough, Buddy rolls them out, Little Miss rolls them in cinnamon and sugar, and Hubby pops them in the oven.  It's an assembly line that works and this recipe 3-4 dozen cookies so I don't even need to double it.

3.  No Bake Cookies - We make multiple batches of these chocolate, peanut butter no bake cookies because as fast as they set up, my family eats them.  The struggle is real!  Sometimes I get a little lazy and just pour the hot mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan and then once it cools, cut it into squares instead of dropping it by spoonfuls.

4.  Peanut Butter Cup Cookies - We might have a peanut butter addiction in our house too.  We LOVE these cookies.  These are SO good and the worst part is unwrapping all those peanut butter cups without eating them....so hard.

5.  Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Bites - While technically not a cookie, these pretzel bites are the perfect combo of sweet and salty.  Of course we love them for the peanut butter aspect, but they are so tasty!  They are fun too because my kids like to put sprinkles in the chocolate after hubby and I dip them to make them look festive.

We have more on our list of goodies to make, but I don't want to spoil the surprise for friends that might be reading this.  I always add a new recipe or two to try out on our baking days too.  It is a crazy, messy day, but a day we look forward to all year.

What are your favorite kind of cookies?  Do you have a recipe to share because I would love to see it?  Do you make goodies for friends and neighbors?

2 comments:

  1. and your cookies are soooooo good...save some for me please...Merry Christmas to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!