Tuesday, December 20, 2016

My Favorite Christmas Tradition

We all have our favorite Christmas traditions.  I posted last week about how we set aside a day for baking and as a family we put together some treats for friends and neighbors.  I love doing this and we have a lot of fun doing it, but it isn't my favorite Christmas tradition.  My very favorite Christmas tradition started when I was just a little girl.
A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Favorite Christmas Tradition
Our Christmas Jammies in 2013
When I was a little girl, my mom always went out of her way to make Christmas special for us.  She was a single mom and she worked hard to provide for us.  I am sure she had some help from my grandparents and other friends and family, but I know that she went without around the holidays so that she could spoil us.  My favorite tradition always happened on Christmas Eve.  On Christmas Eve we always got to open up just one present.  This present was a new pair of pajamas.  I loved going to bed in my new jammies and waking up on Christmas morning and opening presents in them.

Christmas Jammies is a tradition that Hubby and I continued when we got married and especially now with the kids.  They always look forward to their Christmas jammies.  Over the years we have added to the tradition.  They get to open their jammies on Christmas Eve, but now they find not only jammies in the box.  It also contains a Christmas movie and snacks.  We put on our new jammies, pop in the movie, and munch on our snacks.  The kids love this tradition as much as I always have and they have already told me that they will do the same tradition someday with their kids.

What traditions do you have?

2 comments:

  1. thank you sweetie and I LOVE your new tradition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family always did the one gift on the eve of brand new jammies too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!