Tuesday, January 17, 2017

17 Goals for 2017

January is always a time of reflection for me.  It is a great time to think about what went well last year and what I want to change for this year.  It is a great time to set up some goals that I want to accomplish for this year.  I have done a lot of thinking about this and I have come up with 17 things that I want to accomplish this year.
  1. Keep Up on Scripture Writing and Devotions -  It is easy to find excuses not to get these done, but I don't want to do that anymore.  I want to spend time with God every day.
  2. Get Healthy - For me this means losing pounds, drinking more water, exercising regularly,and eating healthy.  
  3. Read 100 Books - I love to read and I would love to tell you that I would only count the books I read by myself, but then I probably wouldn't make it to 100.  I usually count the books the kids and I read for school (not our text books, but our readers for language arts) in my count too.  We usually do something fun when we hit our goal of 100 books for the year and I am not sure what that will be this year, but I do look forward to it.  If you wonder where I keep track of the books I read, you can find me over on Goodreads.
  4. Teach Little Miss to Sew - This has been on my list for awhile now.  Starting this spring we are going to add in a sewing class to our school day so that I can start teaching her how to sew.
  5. Complete 2 Cross Stitch projects - I finally finished the wolves I was working on last year for Buddy.  Now I have the bug to start 4 different cross stitch projects, but don't worry I only started 1.  I already know what the other 3 projects will be, but I really just want to start out finishing 2 projects for the year, if I get further that is fantastic.
  6. Declutter, Declutter, Declutter - We started this at the end of last year, but with every area I clean out I feel better about our house and keeping it clean and organized.
  7. Blog Better - I know this one only makes sense to me, but there are tons of things I want to share with you guys.  I want to find things to share with you regularly and consistently, but I don't want it to become stale so I am sure it will be a learning process this year.
  8. Stop Just Pinning....and start doing.  You know I have a Pinterest addiction and this year I want to start creating.
  9. Spend more time with Family and Friends - In the past couple of years we have been so busy that we haven't been able to make regular time to hang out with extended family and many friends.  This year that is definitely going to change.
  10. Try More Freezer Meals - Last year through a review product I got to try out freezer meals.  I loved how easy it was to make dinner once I had the meals in my freezer.  They came in very handy during some very busy times for us.  I would love to do more of this and have meals ready to go whenever we need them.
  11. Be Outdoors More - My family loves the outdoors, but I can't always say I am a huge fan of outside.  So this year I will try to be more intentional about being outdoors more.
  12. Be More Adventurous - The older I get, the more set in my ways I get.  So this year I just need to be willing to take more risks and just go for it. 
  13. Learn to Knit - I knit a scarf once but that was a long time ago and I have no clue how I did it so I think it is time to actually learn how to knit.
  14. Get Organized - I do really good on some things, but others I fall way short.  I want to finally get it together and get myself organized.
  15. Decorate More - I spend much of my Pinterest time looking at decorations for my house this will be the year I actually use some of those ideas, along with various other ideas I have found.
  16. Bake More - I know this may sound like it goes against getting healthy, but just because I bake it doesn't mean I have to eat it.  I love baking, it is therapy for me and I just need to do more of it.
  17. Be a Better Friend - I am blessed with amazing friends and I want to bless them like they bless me.
So these are the things I am going to work on this year.  What are your goals for 2017?  

This week I am linking up my post with my friends on the Homeschool Review Crew.  Click the picture below to read more posts about the goals we all have for 2017.  
Homeschool Review Crew Goals for the Year Ahead {Link Up}

8 comments:

  1. Your sentiments echo mine pretty well! I'm cheering you on. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do every one of these and more I have all of the faith in the world in you honey and if you need basic help with the knitting I will be happy to volunteer my time and limited knowledge...and Linda can be the master of knitting for you if you need her I am sure...love you honey and I am so very proud of you my daughter and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these goals! Sounds like you have great plans for this year. Have you started adding these things to your calendar yet? I know for me, if it doesn't make it on my calendar then most of my plans seem to fall by the wayside because of well, life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am definitely going to have to add them to my calendar. That is a great idea!

      Delete
  4. great goals... so ... all that baking...who will be the recipients? Will you go visiting folks and bring something along? Just being curious eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baked goods go to friends and family. Some also get sent in to hubby's work.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!