Anyway, before the new wood stove could go in, we had to make some adjustments to the brick where the old one was sitting. Since we had to make some adjustments, we decided to replace the old, falling apart brick with new tile. It turned out really nice for our very first tile project. I can tell you that I actually had a lot of fun with this project. Buddy and I got to break out the old brick. It was very therapeutic in an odd way and hubby says that I have to ask before I go near anymore brick with a hammer because I had way too much fun busting out the brick. The next day hubby and Buddy prepped the floor for the tile and we got the tile put down. The third evening we put on the grout and cleaned up the tile. We are very excited about this project because all of us were involved in it. It was truly a group effort. It turned out very well and was ready in time for the new stove which we had professionally installed.
|Old Wood Stove|
|The brick at the floor was loose and needed to be extended in the front.|
|They had to lay out the tile first to make sure all the cuts were right.|
Part 1 and Part 2), but big things got replaced this week which were time consuming. Now we are much warmer and loving the extra heat and great smell of our wood burning stove. I am hoping to report more big changes next week, but we have some big flooring decisions to make and we have been trying to decide those for months now...wish us luck.