Thursday, May 25, 2017

Our Barn Home: Progress Part 4

It has been quite awhile since I updated our progress on our barn.  We have definitely been making progress,  I just haven't had a chance to sit down and put all my thoughts together.  The big change that has happened since I last posted on the barn is that we have a living room floor.  🙌 I totally do the happy dance about our living room floor because it is finished and it is gorgeous.  I am going to share pictures of it, but they just don't do it justice.  We also put in tile by our front door.  We still have to grout it, but we haven't had a day where we won't be walking on it right away so it is hard to find time to grout it.
A Glimpse of Normal Blog
This is a picture from while we were installing the floor.

This is our tile entryway
Every other change is much smaller than these 2 things.  We decided that we needed to finish some of the littler projects around the barn before we start phase 2 of major renovation.  The other changes that have occurred are much smaller, but just as important.  I got our dining room painted finally.  It only took me a couple of hours to do this, but I needed to wait until we weren't in there every morning for school.  We also started hanging decorations through out the finished areas.  I hope you all looked at my feature wall I posted about last week.  I LOVE this wall and can't wait to add to it.  We have also temporarily turned the guest room into a playroom.  Little Miss needed somewhere to set up her play kitchen and until we can figure out something better, the guest room it is.  I have been hemming curtains and getting curtains up too.  There has also been a lot of outside work done.  Our driveway is much clearer and we have started clearing out the front pasture area.  I don't think I have many pictures of this area yet, but I will work on it.
The guest playroom.  :)
Signs are getting hung



Patio curtains are hemmed and up.

Love my windmill clock I found.

I changed the orientation of all the pictures in this frame and found the perfect spot for it, the landing of our stairs.

We finally got all the stair treads down.

More curtains went up and signs.

Curtains, signs, and trophies went up

More wall decor - I apologize for the ridiculous hat, I am not sure where his love for that team comes from.  :)

This is a cool decor combo.

We purchased and put together this little dresser/table for outside our bedroom door.

Sheers went up in our room.

Paint in the dining room and our map went up.

I think that is about it for now.  We have a few more little projects to tackle before phase 2 of renovation begins, but I am sure it will start soon.  What do you think?

#ireallyliveinabarn

2 comments:

  1. That is just amazingly wonderful!! I am so impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It has been a labor of love.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!