Friday, September 15, 2017

DIY Wood Chair Makeover

About a month ago I was out running errands with the kids.  On our way home we found a couple of garage sales and decided to stop.  My theory is that it never hurts to look, right?  Sometimes we find a great deal and sometimes we just walk away.  On this particular day I happened across a solid wood chair.  It looks like at one time it matched a dining room set, but it was sitting all alone and marked just $2.  I couldn't pass it up.  It was the perfect piece for a little makeover.  I figured a little sanding and painting would refresh this chair.  Since I had no attachment to the chair, there were no matches to the chair, and I got it so cheap, I didn't have any issues giving it a makeover.  I cleaned it up and sanded off some of the varnish and smoothness since I wanted to the chair to have a rustic feel.  Then I gave it a nice coat of primer and finally I painted it using this new Rustoleum Chalked Ultra Matte Paint in Calypso Blue.  Once it was dry I sanded a few areas to make it more rustic.  Then I coated it with Rustoleum Chalked Protective Top Coat in Matte Clear to help seal it and it was finished.  When I bought it, I thought I might use it for a computer chair, but after I made it over my hubby suggested putting it in our bedroom since it would be a great accent piece in there.
A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Chair Makeover, DIY, Rustoleum Chalked Paint, makeover,

A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Chair Makeover, DIY, Rustoleum Chalked Paint, makeover,

A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Chair Makeover, DIY, Rustoleum Chalked Paint, makeover,

A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Chair Makeover, DIY, Rustoleum Chalked Paint, makeover,

A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Chair Makeover, DIY, Rustoleum Chalked Paint, makeover,

A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Chair Makeover, DIY, Rustoleum Chalked Paint, makeover,

A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Chair Makeover, DIY, Rustoleum Chalked Paint, makeover,

A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Chair Makeover, DIY, Rustoleum Chalked Paint, makeover,

A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Chair Makeover, DIY, Rustoleum Chalked Paint, makeover,

A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Chair Makeover, DIY, Rustoleum Chalked Paint, makeover,
What do you think?  Have you ever made over any furniture?  I would love to hear about it.  I would definitely recommend the Rustoleum Chalked Ultra Matte Paint and Rustoleum Chalked Protective Top Coat.  They were easy to use, it dries nicely, and it comes in many colors.

*This is not a sponsored post.  I was not given any products to use or asked to use any specific products.  I just chose to share with products I did use in case you would like to look for them for your projects.

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous...I LOVE it and I see some work in your future please

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great piece to sit and put socks and shoes on; with the coming cold weather. Great job! I have painted a vintage tea cart, and I have a few other pieces of furniture I'd like to tackle. One is an antique bed. It's been passed down for generations and I don't want to ruin it. =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry about ruining furniture that is passed down too, that is why this garage sale find was perfect to transform.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!